Personal Mortgage Services provided by Brighter:
- New purchases - for first-time buyers or those moving to their second or third home etc
- Re-mortgages - for those renewing their current deal
- Buy-to-Let - for those looking to move into the rental market or who are already active in this area
- Let-to-Buy - for those who wish to rent out their existing property and then purchase a new property for themselves
- Interest only mortgages - for those who are paying off the interest, not the capital, on their mortgages
- Bad/adverse credit history - for those who have de-faulted on previous payments or who have cannot demonstrate a good credit history
How we will work with you to help buy your property
We know that it can be stressful buying your home and we want to make it as easy as possible for you. That’s why at Brighter our independent mortgage and insurance advisers will work tirelessly to search a diverse range of products across the market to get the right one for you.
Our advisers can do this as they are independent and are not tied to any single product.
They are also skilled and have experience of dealing with clients with varying needs. Take bad or adverse credit for example. Not so easy to always get the best deal for yourself when you have a poor credit history or have defaulted on mortgage repayments, but at Brighter you will be treated like any other client and we won’t stop working until we secure a deal for you that works.
- We will make sure you understand our charges which are £395 for the arrangement of a mortgage with £100 discount if you also take out an insurance product.
- We will gain an understanding of your credit history and carry out a fact finding process so that we have all the details about your income and expenditure so that we can help you quickly and effectively.
- We will carry out research to get the right deal for you which will be right for you and your finances.
- We will work to get you a Decision in Principle(DIP) about your mortgage as fast as we can.
- We will work with any 3rd parties who are involved in the sale or purchase of property, so that you secure the mortgage as fast as is reasonably practical.
- We will provide "after-care" to ensure that you are satisfied with our service and that the arrangements for your mortgage are to your satisfaction.
We will assess affordability
Looking at a mortgage re-payment and determining whether it is something you are willing to pay, is not necessarily something you can actually pay.
We will look at how you can afford a mortgage by taking account of your current outgoings, including your credit card payments and liabilities as-well as your lifestyle. The information we gather will help guide you on affordability for your mortgage loan.
We would advise that you access a credit report via a reputable credit scoring company and can advise on this process.
We will assess your borrowing requirements
We would look at your affordability and other factors but try and source a lender that will offer at least 4 times your income.
We would always urge you to put down as large a deposit as you can afford, whilst supporting those clients who can only afford a 5% deposit. It all depends on your circumstances and we will work within these.
We will ensure that, depending on the deal, that you can still afford the deal if interest rates go up.
Brighter will help you understand what mortgage you can afford by looking at the whole of your financial planning needs and making sure that you have the right deal in place so that you can comfortably manage the repayments.
We work with clients in all kinds of situations, from those with just a small deposit to put down to large-scale commercial property investors. Your unique circumstances will be considered by our professional team of mortgage and financial planners to ensure that you have the right deal for you.
Why do I need insurance?
It is hard to pay for insurance when you can imagine other ways of paying off debts and coping in the event of death or illness, but life very rarely works out the way we expect it to. It is more than likely that the plans you have in place to support you in the future are likely to change and so this is where the benefit of insurance comes in.
It is relatively straight forward to set into place, it enables you to get on with your life in the knowledge that you are covered and most importantly it provides financial security for both you and your loved ones in times of emergency and life-events-not all of which are pleasurable!
It isn’t necessarily hugely costly either. At Brighter we have access to a diverse range of products from across the market and so can source one that is right for your circumstances and your budget. We also encourage those who take out insurance with us to have a review of the policy, at least every three years, to ensure that it still meets your needs or can be replaced by a solution that is better value for you.
At Brighter we can help individuals with personal insurance policies and for businesses with commercial insurance—making sure that there is robust financial plan in place that supports clients today and into the future.
Personal Insurance Services provided by Brighter
Term or whole of life - we will review your needs and recommend accordingly so that your mortgage, at least, is paid back.
Critical Illness Cover and Income Protection — we will look at whether you are the main earner, whether you are self-employed and what your circumstances are likely to be if you can no longer pay your mortgage.
Fees for arranging insurance
There is no fee to you when you take out a policy arranged by us. We are paid commission from the provider.
The pandemic of 2020 and policy pay out. When we arrange insurance for you we will:
1. Gather all the information we need –both in terms of your family circumstances and your health—before we determine which would be the best choice of product for you.
2. Ensure that you are aware of the terms and conditions of the policy in the event of illness or death of the policy holder. We will actively advise you about the choice of policy with regards to Covid 19 and pandemics in general.
For people with existing life and health policies we will help you review the Terms and Conditions of these policies in light of the pandemic.